There are four ways to check up on the status of your permit/visa application.
1) Check your permit status on the Department of Home Affairs website
Did you know you can check your permit status on the Department of Home Affairs website using your reference number?
Follow the link to the Department of Home Affairs website: http://www.dha.gov.za/permitenquiry/
2) Phone the Department of Home Affairs call centre
The Department of Home Affairs call centre can be reached under 0800 601 190. The call centre will not only tell you what the status of your application is, you will also be able to leave notes for the official in charge of your permit application. Make sure you have your reference number handy starting with 1000.
3) Visit one of the Department of Home Affairs offices
If you prefer to speak to a “real person” you can visit one of the Department of Home Affairs offices. Make sure you go there early, ideally before the doors open (which is 7.30 am in most cases). In order to check up on your permit status you need your passport and the receipt of your visa application.
4) Pay an immigration agency to check the permit status for you
If you are already working with a professional immigration agency, you can relax as you will be getting regular updates from your dedicated immigration consultant. Alternatively, we can follow up on your behalf. Please understand that we will charge a small service fee to assist. Should you wish to have Initiate Immigration follow up on your behalf, please send us your personal details to forward an invoice for payment.
Latest posts by Michaela (see all)
- South African Intra-Company Transfer Work Visa now re-newable - November 1, 2014
- Critical Skills Visa: Recommendation letter no longer required - November 1, 2014
- Retirement in South Africa? - October 31, 2014